Westside is family-oriented, grassroots club with a long history in the local community. Miniroo football is a major component of our club and we have a strong commitment to its development. We focus on giving each player personal attention and creating pathways to junior through to senior football. Soccer is a great way for children to keep healthy by getting active outdoors. It helps to:
- Build fundamental motor skills
- Improve confidence and self-esteem
- Make new friends and develop fundamental social skills
- Develop values of teamwork, cooperation, fair play, and respect for others
- Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
For boys and girls we field MiniRoos teams for ages U6-U11. The MiniRoos program is for children of all abilities. It’s a smaller version of football with training and structures suited to each group. It’s designed so all players get equal field time. Games are Saturday mornings and training times are typically 5:30 to 6:30pm on Mondays for U6s to U8s, and Tuesdays for U9s to U11s. We welcome new players of all abilities. Fees, registration and contact information is available at our Registration Page. Training commences in mid-February.